Friday, May 25, 2007

Remember The Sacrifice

"I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom." - Abraham Lincoln

Regardless of your political stripe, or whether you support America's current war effort or not, this weekend is a time when all Americans should reflect on the sacrifice made by our brave men and women who serve in our armed forces, particularly those who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

I am proud to say that I will be participating prominently in two Memorial Day parades this coming weekend. Regardless of how you observe Memorial Day, I hope you all will think of our soldiers abroad, and keep in your prayers the souls of those who will never return from a war fought to defend our freedom.

I hope everyone has an excellent Memorial Day weekend. God Bless America.

No comments: