Monday, June 9, 2008

Rotten Tomatoes

If you asked me to select a menu item that McDonald's ought to remove, tomatoes would not have made my list. I mean, with those nasty cartilage nuggets and those femur scrapings pressed into hamburgers and fried, the last thing I would ask them to get rid of was one of the two actual vegetables you can get there.

But, alas, McDonald's has stopped serving raw sliced tomatoes. And that's because of an apparent salmonella poisoning issue. The same is the case for Taco Bell, which I find perplexing. I mean, if you eat Taco bell, aren't you expecting projectile diarrhea? I would think salmonella would only enhance the authentic Mexican dining experience.

Here in Connecticut, tomatoes are under scrutiny as well. It's very frightening.

We all know that the failure of a vegetable can destroy a nation. Look at the Irish potato famine.
Thankfully, there doesn't appear to be any danger or shortage of potatoes... imagine America convulsing during a french fry famine. Why, obese children would be forced to drink more soda and eat more Twinkies to keep their weight up. Can you imagine the tragedy?

No comments: