Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Battle Continues

I am delighted this morning. One the eve of every primary day this season, the pundits talk about how that day's events will determine the outcome of the Democratic race, and give us a certain nominee. After last night's comeback victories for Hillary Clinton in Ohio, Texas and Rhode Island, the race for the Democratic nomination continues.

Hillary now claims she is "Going all the way!" The last time a Clinton promised that in a race for the White House, there were Arkansas state troopers trying to cover it up.

CNN's coverage was delightful last night. They showed Hillary's wins in light blue, and Obama's wins in dark blue. Hmph. Sounds racist to me.

As I have said before, I want to see a Democratic primary that lasts as long as possible, drains as much campaign cash from each Democrat for as long as possible, and causes Obama and Clinton to spend more time attacking each other than going on the offense against the GOP.

John McCain, while he certainly wasn't my choice in the GOP field, has sown up the Republican nomination with last night's wins. While I don't agree with a lot of McCain's positions on a number of things, he is a far better candidate than either Democrat. I would like to see him have more time to focus on the general election while the Democrats focus on each other.

No comments: