Monday, December 17, 2007

The Pot Shots Heard 'Round Connecticut



One could almost hear the groaning of the annoyed Connecticut left-wing blogosphere today as their hated Senator Joe Lieberman today endorsed Senator John McCain (R-Arizona) for president, saying "Political party is important, but it’s not more important than what’s good for the country and it’s not more important than friendship."

Bile is being belched onto Lieberman by the Lamont-loving lefty blogosphere wherever you look today... to them it is another betrayal from a man they consider to be a traitor to the Democratic party, mostly because he won't back down on his position of strong national defense.

Lieberman is a dying breed. He is a Democrat who is proud to be an American. I'm not a fan of John McCain, but he and Lieberman believe in what we are doing in Iraq, and know the job must be properly finished. And for that, I applaud them both.

2 comments:

DC said...

Touche Chris Dodd. I'm glad Joe got his chance to stick one in the back of Iowa Senator Dodd - who chose party politics over friendship. Maybe we should call this a Lamontey!

mccommas said...

This surprises me. I guess Lieberman is a wee bit more pissed off than I thought.

I will agree with your main point. Lieberan and McCain are good Americans.

Not to many in the Democrat party these days who can say the same. It