Thursday, November 15, 2007


Environmentalist eggheads in the state legislature like Representative Mary Mushinsky of Wallingford have advocated eliminating our current incandescent light bulbs and mandating we replace them with compact fluorescent light bulbs.

While they failed to pass legislation to accomplish this last session, you can be certain the effort will be renewed.

The reasoning is that they use two-thirds less energy than the fluorescent bulbs. Unfortunately, these "environmentally friendly" bulbs use mercury. So now when they break, there's another way for you to get mercury poisoning other than snapping a thermometer off in your ass.

The NBC 30 site has an interesting story about a family whose child was possibly poisoned by one of these bulbs. I presume the kid did not beak a thermometer off in his ass.

1 comment:

mccommas said...

I bought those and you know what?

They are DIM!

Are they all so dim? Mine certainly are.

They are useless. I replaced them with ordinary 100 Watters and threw them away.

I donno. When I go downstairs into my basement its kind of nice to SEE. I had one in my garage and at its not even good enough for that.

I don't intend on ever buying them again in the future.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Thermometer in the ass thing.

I won't do that anymore!